Item Index Information
Xiangqi (象棋): Chinese Chess is a game information page. It is categorized as: Two dimensional, Oriental, From ancient times, XiangqiBased.
Xiangqi (象棋): Chinese Chess. Links and rules for Xiangqi (Chinese Chess). (9x10, Cells: 90) (Recognized!)
Author: Hans L. Bodlaender and Fergus Duniho.
Xiangqi, known by many as Chinese Chess may well be the board game played by the largest number of people. It is very popular in China, and gained a small group of players in other parts of the world. Also for people in the West, Xiangqi is a nice game to play. It has interesting strategic and tactical possibilities, with some nice pieces to master (especially, the cannon). Original sets can often be purchased in Chinese shops, found almost everywhere in the world. A little practice makes that one can easily identify the pieces. Even when one is not good in this game, it can be a lot of fun to play it. <b>Recognized Variant of the Month for October 2001.</b>
The board used for this game has 10 row(s), 9 column(s), 90 cells/squares.
This game is a 2 player game.
- Browse items that also start with the letter X.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Xi.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Xia.
- Browse similar items.
- Browse items with a similar board.
- Add a comment or rate this item.
- Skip to comments section.
- Iconographic Chinese Pieces. Icons of Xiangqi pieces in Western style. Author: Fergus Duniho.
- National Standard Chinese Pieces for Chinese Chess and Variants. Icons for pieces of Xiangqi and variants using the official Red China standard font. Author: Fergus Duniho.
- Traditional Chinese Pieces for Chinese Chess and Variants. Icons of pieces for Xiangqi and variants using a Chinese font. Author: Fergus Duniho.
- Coffee Chinese Chess. A freeware Java applet for playing Chinese Chess. Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Pham Hong Nguyen.
- Xiangqi. Play Chinese Chess (known as Xiangqi) with Jocly. Author: Michel Gutierrez and Jérôme Choain.
- A Western Xiangqi Board. Proposal to play Xiangqi on a `westernized' board. Author: Köksal Karakus.
- Chinese Chess. Play Xiang Qi, the Chinese form of Chess. Author: Fergus Duniho.
- Cambaluc Chinese Chess Photos. A commercially produced Chinese Chess set with Staunton pieces. Author: Fergus Duniho.
- Handmade Magnetic Chinese Chess Set. Photo's of Xiangqi set made from magnetic chess and checkers sets. Author: Fergus Duniho.
- Internationalized Chinese Chess. Photos of a commercial Staunton set for playing Xiangqi, Janggi, and Chess. Author: Fergus Duniho and John Davis.
- Magnetic Xiangqi set. Photo's of a magnetic Chinese chess set. Author: Hans L. Bodlaender.
- Xiangqi. Photos of a Chinese Chess set made from poker chips and posterboard tiles. Author: Fergus Duniho.
- Xiangqi set. Photos of a figurine Xiangqi set. Author: Jean-Luc Muraro.
- Xiangqi set: photo's. Photo's of a Xiangqi set, made in China. Author: Hans L. Bodlaender.
- Xiangqi. A Xiangqi problem. Author: Hans L. Bodlaender.
- Xiangqi problem. A complicated Xiangqi problem. Author: Hans L. Bodlaender and Fergus Duniho. Inventor: C. K. Lai.
- HiddenLynx. A beautiful, user-friendly, Windows program for Chinese Chess. Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Mikko Oksalahti.
- Qianhong. Chinese Chess for Windows. Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Jeremy Craner.
- Uncle Wang Chinese Chess . Link to website of commercial program that plays Xiangqi.
- XieXie . Xiangqi Computer Program XieXieMaster 1.0.10 released! and Eugenio Castillo.
- Chinese Chess. Information on book on Xiangqi. Author: H. T. Lau.
- First Syllabus on Xiangqi - Chinese Chess 1. Missing description Author: David Li.
- rec.games.chinese-chess FAQ. Missing description Author: Stephen Leary.
- Chinese Chess by H. T. Lau. Book on the fundamentals of Chinese Chess. Author: H. T. Lau.
- Chinese Chess for Beginners. Missing description
- Chinese Chess Pack. Contains a detailed play guide and strategic hints and tips for the game. Author: James Palmer.
- First Syllabus on Xiangqi: Chinese Chess 1. Missing description Author: David Li.
- Xiangqi Syllabus on Cannon: Chinese Chess 2. Missing description Author: David Li.
- Chinees Schaak pagina. Nederlandstalige website over Xiangqi (Chinees Schaken) (Dutch Language) Author: Bob Bekker.
- Club Xiangqi. An online club for playing Xiang Qi.
- German Xiangqi Federation. Includes problem solving contest.
- Go-Figure!. Webshop selling sets of Xiangqi (Chinese chess).
- Simply XiangQi. Correspondence Chinese Chess (Xiangqi) website. By Andy .
- World Xiangqi Federation. Missing description
- Xiangqi Database. A large collection of Xiangqi games. Author: Fergus Duniho.
- Xiangqi for Chess Players. Introduction geared toward western chess players. Author: Douglas Crockford.
- Xiangqi.com Chinese Chess. A server for playing Xiangqi (Chinese Chess) online. Author: Fergus Duniho.
- Xiangqi . Western Style. Version using Alfaerie graphics. Author: David Howe.
SELECT * FROM IndexEntry LEFT JOIN Item USING (ItemID) WHERE LinkItemID = 'Xiangqi' AND IsHidden=0 AND IsDeleted=0 ORDER BY CONCAT(Type,LinkText)
SELECT * FROM IndexEntry LEFT JOIN Item USING (ItemID) WHERE LinkItemID2 = 'Xiangqi' AND IsHidden=0 AND IsDeleted=0 ORDER BY CONCAT(Type,LinkText)
Index Maintenance [links] [associate image] [associate text] [info] [quick edit]
Group ID 'Xiangqi'