Item Index Information
Amazons is a game information page. It is categorized as: Two dimensional, Large board, In a category all its own. This item is located on a site outside of chessvariants.org.
Amazons. Amazons and a computer version.
Inventor: Walter Zamkauskas.
The game of Amazons is a strategic board game, invented by Walter Zamkauskas. In this game, each player has 4 queens (called amazons), which also can block squares by firing arrows. The last player that makes a move wins. Since the old link was broken, the link now goes to Michael Keller's page on the game, where he sells a computer program that plays this game.
19 Apr 2018: Link updated. Old link was:
The board used for this game has 10 row(s), 10 column(s), 100 cells/squares.
This game is a 2 player game.
Invented in the year 1988. [1987-1989]. [1983-1993].
- Browse items that also start with the letter A.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Am.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Ama.
- Browse similar items.
- Browse items with a similar board.
- Add a comment or rate this item.
- Skip to comments section.
- Amazons. Queens fire arrows to make squares unpassable. Last player that moves wins. (10x10, Cells: 100) Author: Ed Pegg Jr.. Inventor: Walter Zamkauskas.
- Amazons. Queens fire arrows to make squares unpassable. Last player that moves wins. Author: Antoine Fourrière. Inventor: Walter Zamkauskas.
SELECT * FROM IndexEntry LEFT JOIN Item USING (ItemID) WHERE LinkItemID = 'Amazons' AND IsHidden=0 AND IsDeleted=0 ORDER BY CONCAT(Type,LinkText)
Index Maintenance [links] [associate image] [associate text] [info] [quick edit]
Group ID 'Amazons'