Item Index Information
Hexagonal chess is a game information page. It is categorized as: Two dimensional, Board with hexagonal shaped cells.
Hexagonal chess. Chess on a board, made out of hexes. Variant of Dave McCooey. (Cells: 91) (Recognized!)
Author: Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: Dave McCooey.
This variant is designed to be as equivalent to orthodox chess as possible. It seems perfectly playable and in my opinion, is the closest to orthodox chess of any hexagonal variant. It is not a large chess variant and does not use any unorthodox pieces.
The board used for this game has 91 cells/squares.
This game is a 2 player game.
- Browse items that also start with the letter H.
- Browse items that also start with the letters He.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Hex.
- Browse similar items.
- Browse items with a similar board.
- Add a comment or rate this item.
- Skip to comments section.
- McCooey's Hexagonal Chess. Popular hexagonal variant. Author: Ed Friedlander. Inventor: Dave McCooey.
- Hexagonal Chess (McCooey). Chess on a board, made out of hexes. (Recognized!) Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Dave McCooey.
- McCooey's Hexagonal Chess: Sample games. Missing description Author: Dave McCooey.
- Hexagonal Chess, McCooey's . Chess on a board, made out of hexes. Author: Jens Markmann. Inventor: Dave McCooey.
SELECT * FROM IndexEntry LEFT JOIN Item USING (ItemID) WHERE LinkItemID = 'HexchessMcCooey' AND IsHidden=0 AND IsDeleted=0 ORDER BY CONCAT(Type,LinkText)
Index Maintenance [links] [associate image] [associate text] [info] [quick edit]
Group ID 'HexchessMcCooey'