The Piece: Man Tag
The Man has the combined moves of Wazir and Ferz, but is not subject to check and checkmate. The piece is known under many different names, including Commoner, General, Guard, Mann (plural Mannen), or Prince.
- 3D Great Shatranj. A simple approach to 3D chess. (6x(6x6), Cells: 216)
- 4 Kings Quasi-Shatranj. Each side has 4 Kings, all pieces are short range. (10x10, Cells: 100)
- 5*4DChess (four dimensional chess). Four dimensional chess variant played with 140 pieces. (5x(5x(5x5)), Cells: 625)
- AvantGarde Chess . A font-named variant that adds a Centaur and a Man to the standard setup.
- Cellular Chess. One step towards Joe Joyce's ideal of playing chess on an 100x100 board. (30x30, Cells: 900)
- Chieftain Chess. Missing description (16x12, Cells: 192)
- Combo Modern Day Chess. Guard replaces the Queen. (8x8, Cells: 64)
- Complete Chess. with a riding and a leaping piece family.
- Courier Chess. A large historic variant from Medieval Europe. (12x8, Cells: 96) (Recognized!)
- Courier Chess (modified). Missing description (8x12, Cells: 96)
- Courier de los Combinados. A cross between Courier de la Dama and Wildebeest Chess. (12x8, Cells: 96)
- Courier-Spiel. 19th century variant of Courier Chess. (12x8, Cells: 96)
- Enhanced Courier Chess. Courier Chess with the weaker pieces enhanced.
- Flank Chess. Flank Chess with Achilles. (10x9, Cells: 90)
- Great Shatranj. Great Shatranj. (10x8, Cells: 80)
- Man. Moves to any adjacent square, like a King, but not royal.
- Modern Shatranj. A bridge between modern chess and the historic game of Shatranj. (8x8, Cells: 64)
- Open King 4*4DChess. Four dimensional game with 48 pieces. (4x(4x(4x4)), Cells: 256)
- Opulent Lemurian Shatranj. Joe Joyce's Shaman and Hero pieces are now on a larger board. (10x10, Cells: 100)
- Perfect 12. 36 pieces per player on 12 by 12 board. (12x12, Cells: 144)
- Super4*Chess (four dimensional chess). Four dimensional chess variant played with 96 pieces. (4x(4x(4x4)), Cells: 256)
- Synochess. Asymmetric west vs east variant where the western chess army plays against a Chinese and Korean-inspired army.
- TamerSpiel. Modern large chess variant with elements of historic chess variants. (12x8, Cells: 84)
- mini-Chieftain. One Small Multi-Move Game in Two Configurations. (8x8, Cells: 64)
- Piece - Parent tag for noting a specific type of piece in a game