The 32-Turn Challenge Index Page
In March 2000, a contest to design a chess variant that lasts at most 32 turns was started. On this webpage, you will find the links to the submitted games, rules of the contest, the winners, etc.
- The Challenge: Design a chess variant that lasts at most 32 turns. Rules, prizes, etc. Deadline for submissions of games: August 1, 2000.
The Results!The results are in!
- The Knightliest Black Hole. Submitted March 10, 2000, by João Pedro Neto.
- Wormhole Chess. Submitted March 22, 2000, by Fergus Duniho. 4th Place! Congratulations Fergus!
- Attrition Chess. Submitted April 7, 2000, by Nathan James.
- Sudden Death Chess. Submitted April 7, 2000, by Doug Chatham. 3rd Place! Congratulations Doug!
- French Revolution Chess. Submitted April 20, 2000, by Hans Bodlaender.
- Progressive Forwards Chess. Submitted April 28, 2000, by Hans Bodlaender. 2nd Place! Congratulations Hans!
- Rolling Kings. Submitted April 29, 2000, by Peter Aronson. 1st Place! Congratulations Peter!
- Give & Take Chess. Submitted May 27, 2000, by J. Mark Thompson.
- King's Run. Submitted July 25, 2000, by Fergus Duniho.
- Enthralling Chess. Submitted July 31, 2000, by Jeff Kiska.
- Arena Chess. Submitted July 31, 2000, by Jeff Kiska.
- Diffusion Chess. Submitted July 31, 2000, by Alexandre Muñiz.
- Demotion Chessgi. Submitted July 31, 2000, by Fergus Duniho.
More linksSee also:
- Contests. Other contests we've hosted.
Written and maintained by David Howe.
WWW page created: March 12, 2000. Last modified: July 31, 2000.