New chess variant ideas (index)This is an index to ideas on new chess variants. If you have comments, contact the authors or send publishable texts to this website. You can also send your own `new ideas'. Make sure to mark your email to say that it should fit in this section.
- A Chess Like Variant Construction Set. By David Howe.
- Generic Chess Piece Creation System. This is a system for construction of pieces, using ideas from RPG games. By Guilherme S. Töws.
- Mutators. Article written by João Pedro Neto discussing a certain class of rules that create new chess games by applying them to existing chess games.
- Palindromic Chess. A novelty variant in which the ending position is identical to the starting position. By David Howe.
- Chess and Physics. Several variants, inspired by physics. Games of Claude Chaunier and Joao Neto. Description by Joao Neto.
- Quantum Mechanics and Chess. Some ideas and variants related to Quantum Mechanics. By João Pedro Neto and others.
- Skil Chess. Pieces have skills like characters in a role playing game. By Joao Pedro Neto.
- Haynie's Test Games. Four ideas for games with different pieces/setups.
WWW page created: March 29, 1999. Last modified: 12 Sep 2000.