Warlord: Clash of Arms
This page contains one or more presets for playing a game online with Game Courier, an online server for playing Chess variants by correspondence.The Warlord scenarios are a series of games using the same rules set and same 5 piece types deployed in different tactical situations. "A Clash of Arms" is the first scenario, and was suggested by Joshua DeBonis, a NYC-area game consultant. This is a structured multi-move abstract strategy game of battle.
Warlord: A Clash of Arms
Please click on picture above for preset.
- the Leader. It slides 1 or 2 squares. It may not jump. It may change direction during its move. It has the special power of activating pieces.
- Heavy Cavalry. These pieces move up to 3 squares orthogonally only, that is, in a straight line and only through the sides of the squares. They may freely jump any pieces in their way, having no effect on the pieces jumped. This piece may move to (up to) 12 squares.
- the Cannon. This is the diagonal version of the Heavy Cavalry. It moves up to 3 squares, diagonally only, and in a straight line. It may freely jump any 2 pieces, friendly or enemy, to land on the 3rd square. This piece may move to (up to) 12 squares.
- Light Cavalry. This piece leaps 2 squares from its starting point, and lands on a square of the opposite color from that which it started on, like the knight in chess. It may jump over other pieces. This piece may move to (up to) 8 squares.
- Infantry - Infantry steps 1 square in any direction, to any of the 8 adjacent squares.
This 'user submitted' page is a collaboration between the posting user and the Chess Variant Pages. Registered contributors to the Chess Variant Pages have the ability to post their own works, subject to review and editing by the Chess Variant Pages Editorial Staff.
By Joe Joyce.
Web page created: 2012-06-25. Web page last updated: 2012-06-25