Query Results for
SELECT * FROM `Item` LEFT JOIN `IndexEntry` USING (ItemID) WHERE `YearInvented` = '1996' AND `IsHidden` = 0 AND `Item`.`IsDeleted` = 0 AND `Language` = 'English' ORDER BY `LinkText`, `Item`.`Summary` ASC LIMIT 500 OFFSET 0
- 2 Pronged Chess. Each player makes "simultaneous" moves with 2 different pieces. By John Whelan.
- Bastardo for President. Cut-throat four-player variant where one of your pieces is secretly President and thus royal. Author: Ed Friedlander.
- The Black Ghost. Betzan attempt to remedy White's first move advantage in FIDE by giving Black a noncapturing but capturable teleporting piece. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Ralph Betza.
- Chess on a Really Big Board. Game that introduced rose and knight-camel-zebra... Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Ralph Betza.
- Chess with Different Armies: Cylindrical Cinders. Ralph Betza variant, in which the White Pieces have the advantage of treating the board cylindrically. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Ralph Betza.
- Dabbaba. Freeware program playing chess and a number of chess variants. Author: Hans L. Bodlaender and Jens Baek Nielsen. Inventor: Jens Baek Nielsen.
- Demi Chess. Weak short range pieces with less symmetry than some more familliar pieces. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Ralph Betza.
- Double Chess. FIDE Chess x 2(with extra queen replacing what would be an extra king). Author: Fergus Duniho and Antoine Fourrière. Inventor: David Short.
- Floßschach. Part of the board is a lake, where rafts can transport pieces. (8x8, Cells: 64) Author: Jörg Knappen.
- Jetan Sarang. Play this large variation of Jetan! Author: James Killian Spratt and Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: James Killian Spratt.
- Jetan-Sarang . A large variation of Jetan. By James Killian Spratt.
- Magnetic Chess. Pieces that moved attract and repel pieces like magnets. (8x8, Cells: 64) (Recognized!) By João Pedro Neto and Claude Chaunier.
- Octahedral Chess. 3d-board in octahedral form. (9x(), Cells: 340) Author: Hans L. Bodlaender and Michael D. Ward. Inventor: Michael D. Ward.
- Patricia. On a 5 by 5 board, with drops and changing pieces. (5x5, Cells: 25) Author: Hans L. Bodlaender and Rob Nierse. Inventor: Rob Nierse.
- Raft Chess. Part of the board is a lake, where rafts can transport pieces. (8x8, Cells: 64) Author: Jörg Knappen.
- Two Pronged Chess. 2 "simultaneous" moves per turn with separate pieces. By John Whelan.