Starts with the letter 'M'
Bottom of page
0-9 - A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - I - J - K - L - M - N - O - P - Q - R - S - T - U - V - W - X - Y - Z
- M-Chess . Pieces change movement capabilities depending on the column they occupy. Author: Robert Price. Inventor: Stan Druben.
- Mad Chess . Chess variant with unequal armies on 10 by 10 board.
- Mad Elephant Chess . Pawns can be turned into Elephants; Elephants can promote to Mad Elephants, and Mad Elephants can trample lines of pieces. By Peter Aronson.
- Mad King Chess . Missing description By Larry L. Smith.
- Mad Queen Shogi. Missing description By Larry L. Smith.
- Maelstrom . All 64 squares of 8 by 8 board are initially filled with pieces. Author: David Howe. Inventor: Michael Asher.
- Mage. Rooks cannot be captured or capture, and the Queen is replaced by a Mage. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Oliver Xymoron.
- Magi . Variant on 10 by 10 board with new pieces. By Neal Meyer.
- Magician Chess . Variant on 7 by 7 board with nine holes and magician able to move holes. Author: Jens Markmann. Inventor: Jonathon Whittle.
- Magician Chess . Version using Alfaerie graphics. Author: David Howe. Inventor: Jonathon Whittle.
- Magna Carta Chess. lack has the FIDE array, White has a Marshal and an Archbishop instead of a Queen and King. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Charles Gilman.
- Magnetic Chess . Pieces that moved attract and repel pieces like magnets. Author: João Pedro Neto and Fergus Duniho. Inventor: João Pedro Neto and Claude Chaunier.
- Maharadscha . Lone king, moving as queen+knight, versus an army. Author: Uwe Wiedemann.
- Makarenko's Chess . Pieces can split and combine in many ways. Four variants included. Author: Marek14 .
- Make own Army and Handicap Azsymchess . Missing description By Namik Zade.
- Makruk. Burmese Chess. Author: Malcolm Maynard.
- Mamra Chess . Adds the Mamra, a piece that only Pawns may capture. By George Tsavdaris.
- Mapped Chess . Missing description By Stephane Burkhart.
- Marseillais Chess . Move twice per turn. Author: Young-Hyun Joo.
- Matrix Chess . Chess played on a board of tessellating pentagons and diamonds. By David Cannon.
- Maxima . Maxima is an interesting and exiting variant of Ultima, with new elements that make Maxima more clear and dynamic. By Roberto Lavieri.
- Maxima . This ZRF enforces the checkmate condition in Maxima. Author: Roberto Lavieri and Joost aan de Brugh. Inventor: Roberto Lavieri.
- McCooey's Hexagonal Chess . Chess on a board, made out of hexes. Author: Jens Markmann. Inventor: Dave McCooey.
- Mecklenbeck . Pawns can promote on the sixth row. Author: Marek14 . Inventor: Bernd Eickenscheidt.
- Med Chess . Diagonal board game with a mix of traditional, modern and Shogi pieces. Author: Uri Bruck. Inventor: Erez Schatz.
- Medusa Shogi. Missing description Author: Larry L. Smith. Inventor: Gary K. Gifford.
- Mercurial Chess . A variant on 42 squares with a satallite board and the rescure of captured pieces. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Mark Hedden.
- Mesmer Chess . ach player has a Mesmerist piece that can move opposing pieces it attacks. By Dan Troyka.
- Metamorph Chess . Variant in which pieces transform by fixed rules into other pieces. By Fergus Duniho.
- Metamorphin Assimilation Chess . A hybrid of Metamorph Chess and Assimilation Chess. By Fergus Duniho.
- Metamorphin Fusion Chess . A hybrid of Metamorph Chess and Fusion Chess. By Fergus Duniho.
- Michael's Chess. An elaboration of Lord Dunsany's Chess with varying Pawn sides. By Roger Cooper.
- Microshogi . Small shogi variant on a 4 by 5 board. Inventor: Oyama Yasuharu.
- Mideast Chess . Variant on 10 by 10 board, inspired by ancient Tamerlane chess. Author: Marek14 . Inventor: John Mantle Green.
- Mike's Camel Chess . Lùotuoqí (Camel Chess) variant with more balanced pieces. By Michael Nelson.
- Millennium Chu Shogi . http://pika.cs.nctu.edu.tw/lit/MillenniumShogi.zip. By Yu Ren Dong.
- Mime Attack Chess . Pieces capture like the pieces they're capturing usually capture. By Adrian Alvarez de la Campa.
- Mimic Chess . Chess on a larger board with 3 new pieces with constantly changing movement capabilities. By Nick Wolff.
- Mini Burmese Chess . Small variant of Burmese Chess. By A.J. Winkelspecht.
- Mini Citadel Chess . Mate the king or occupy a citadel of your opponent. By A.J. Winkelspecht.
- Mini Slanted Escalator Chess . Chess on smaller asymmetric board. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: David Short.
- Mini Thunder Chess . A small-scale hybrid of Metamorph Chess, Fusion Chess, and Assimilation Chess. By Fergus Duniho.
- MiniXiang. Missing description Author: Larry L. Smith. Inventor: Charles Gilman.
- Missile Chess. Missing description Author: Douglas Silfen. Inventor: R. Wayne Schmittberger.
- Mobile Pawn Chess. Pawns have increased movement. By Tony Quintanilla.
- Modern Chess . A variant on a 9 by 9 board. Author: Marek14 . Inventor: Gabriel Maura.
- Modern Kamil . A set of variants adding Camels or Camel-like pieces to the Orthochess array. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Nuno Cruz.
- Modern Shatranj. A bridge between modern chess and the historic game of Shatranj. Author: Christine Bagley-Jones and David Howe. Inventor: Joe Joyce.
- Monadchess . Missing description By Namik Zade.
- Monaddropchess . Missing description By Namik Zade.
- MonadDropII (Mats Winther Method) . Missing description By Namik Zade.
- MonadrandomChess . Missing description By Namik Zade.
- Mono-dimensional Chess . Small, one dimensional variant with unorthodox pieces. Author: Glenn Overby II. Inventor: Luiz Carlos Campos.
- Monster Chess . One player has only a king and four pawns, but makes double moves. Author: Uwe Wiedemann.
- Moon Chess . Played with a Xiangqi set, but with different rules. Author: Peter Aronson.
- MoQi. MoQi, or Demon Game, is played upon a 10x10 field. By Larry L. Smith.
- More10 . Chessvariant on a board with 10 squares. By Roberto Lavieri.
- Morley's Chess . Boards with enlarged sides. Author: Andrew Juell.
- Mortal Chessgi . A Chessgi game in which captures reduce material. By Fergus Duniho.
- Mulligan Stew Chess . 42-Square Swapping-Mage Teleporting-Assassin Dual-Color-Bound-King Limited-Double-Move Leaping-Pawn Chess. By Peter Aronson.
- Must Capture Chess. Capturing is mandatory. Author: Roger Cooper.
- Mustang . Missing description By Namik Zade.
Top of page
Total items listed: 62