Starts with the letter 'M'
Bottom of page
listprimary is 1
0-9 - A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - I - J - K - L - M - N - O - P - Q - R - S - T - U - V - W - X - Y - Z
- Maasai Chess. Play Maasai Chess with Game Courier. By Jean-Louis Cazaux.
- Maces and Horse-apults. Similar to chess, but on a 10 x 10 board and the addition of Maces and Horse-apults. By Gary K. Gifford.
- Maces, Horse-apults, and Tulpas. Maces and Horse-apults with user-created Tulpa pieces. By Gary K. Gifford.
- Maces, Shields, and Horse-apults. Like Maces and Horse-apults, but pawns are protected from Mace capture. By Gary K. Gifford.
- Macrochess. Missing description Author: Daniil Frolov. Inventor: Robert Potter.
- Mad Chess (Steel=White). Chess variant with unequal armies on 10 by 10 board. Author: Fergus Duniho.
- Mad Chess (Stone=White). Chess variant with unequal armies on 10 by 10 board. Author: Fergus Duniho.
- Mad Elephant Chess. Missing description By Daniil Frolov.
- Mad Queen Shogi. Play this new Chess/Shogi hybrid on Game Courier. Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Larry L. Smith.
- Magicpawns Chess. Any piece can move to friendly pawn and change place with it. Pawns thus become more dynamic and pieces less constrained. By M Winther.
- Mainzer Schach. 11 x 8 variant with two Januses and one Marshall, and different setup. Author: Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: Jörg Knappen.
- Makruk. Play the traditional Chess variant of Thailand on Game Courier. Author: Jose Carrillo.
- Mamra Chess. Adds the Mamra, a piece that only Pawns may capture. Author: Tony Quintanilla and George Tsavdaris. Inventor: George Tsavdaris.
- Mamra Chess with Wuss. Variant combining very strong Mamra piece with weakening Wuss piece. By Jeremy Gabriel Good.
- Maorider Chess. Missing description By Vitya Makov.
- Marseillais Chess. Move twice per turn. (Recognized!) Author: Fergus Duniho.
- Mastodon Chess. Standard pieces plus two Mastodons per side. A strategical big-board variant. By M Winther.
- Mastodon Chess (8x10). Standard pieces plus two Mastodons per side. A strategical big-board variant. By M Winther.
- Maxima. Play Maxima, an interesting and exiting variant of Ultima, with new elements that make Maxima more clear and dynamic. Author: Roberto Lavieri and Antoine Fourrière. Inventor: Roberto Lavieri.
- Mayhem Chess. Different pieces and setup. Author: Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: Christina Ziolkowski.
- Medusa Shogi. A Shogi variant of Pillars of Medusa, which is based on Turkish Great Chess. By Gary K. Gifford.
- Mesmer Chess. Introduces a new piece, the mesmerist, which can control how opposing pieces move. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Dan Troyka.
- Metamachy. Play this large game with a variety of regular fairy pieces. Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Jean-Louis Cazaux.
- Metamorph Chess. Play this variant in which pieces frequently promote or demote. By Fergus Duniho.
- Meteoric Chess. A sober but lively drop chess variant with standard pieces (zrf available). By M Winther.
- Mid-evil Chess. Adds a Prince (combines the moves of queen and knight) to Capablanca's array by eliminating one knight... By Stephen R. Stockman.
- Mideast Chess. Cavalier (as Aanca-Gryphon) with Courtier (as zebras), castles (squirrels) and chevaliers (camels) with FIDE pieces. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: John Mantle Green.
- Midgard Chess. Midgard Chess has two unusual shortrange pieces, the War Elephant and the War Machine. By David Paulowich.
- Mighty Lion Chess. Orthodox Western Chess but with one knight replaced by Chu Shogi Lion. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: H. G. Muller.
- Millennium Chess Preset. This is the preset for Millennium Chess. Author: Rich Hutnik.
- Miller's Spherical Chess. Play this early adaptation of Chess to a spherical board on Game Courier. Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Don Miller.
- Mimic Chess. Chess on a larger board with 3 new pieces with constantly changing movement capabilities. By Nick Wolff.
- Mimotaur Chess. Missing description Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Vernon Rylands Parton.
- Mini Hexchess. McCooey's Hexagonal Chess on smaller board. Author: Abdul-Rahman Sibahi. Inventor: Dave McCooey.
- Mini Thunder Chess. A small-scale hybrid of Metamorph Chess, Fusion Chess, and Assimilation Chess. By Fergus Duniho.
- Mini-POM (Mini Pillars of Medusa). On a 9 x 9 board and standard chess pieces, but with Morph replacing the Bishop adding the Medusa to the right of the King. By Gary K. Gifford.
- Miniature Chess. The smallest variant in which every legal move can be made as in FIDE Chess. Author: Jason Shields. Inventor: Martin Gardner.
- Minishogi. A Minishogi association has existed, and may still exist, in Osaka. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good and Armin Liebhart. Inventor: Shigenobu Kusumo.
- Mir Chess. Play this variant that is mid-powered between Chess and Shatranj. Author: Fergus Duniho and David Paulowich. Inventor: David Paulowich.
- Moderate Progressive Chess. A player may move one more piece than his opponent just moved. By Adrian Alvarez de la Campa.
- Modern Capablanca Random Chess. Missing description By Jose Carrillo.
- Modern Carrera's Chess. Play this modern version of Carrera's Chess on Game Courier. Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Fergus Duniho and Sam Trenholme.
- Modern Chess. Play on Game Courier. Author: Jose Carrillo. Inventor: Gabriel Maura.
- Modern Courier Chess. Missing description Author: Abdul-Rahman Sibahi. Inventor: Paul Byway.
- Modern drunk elephant shogi. Missing description By Daniil Frolov.
- Modern Makruk. A fusion of Modern Chess and Makruk. By John Smith.
- Modern Random Chess. Missing description By Jose Carrillo.
- Modern Shatranj. A bridge between modern chess and the historic game of Shatranj. By Joe Joyce.
- Modern Shatranj D & R. Missing description By Joe Joyce.
- Monadchess. 10 x 10 setup with Capablanca-esque pieces and cannons and extra pawns and pieces designed to make flanks safer. By Namik Zade.
- Monadchess II. Setup a little different from Monadchess... By Namik Zade.
- Monkey King Chess. Monkey King fights Goblin King on 44 squares board in game with oriental influences. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Peter Gelman.
- More 10. Chessvariant on a board with 10 squares. Author: Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: Roberto Lavieri.
- Mortal Chessgi. Play this Chessgi variant in which each capture decreases material. By Fergus Duniho.
- Mortal Shogi. Play this Shogi variant in which pieces may die. Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Roberto Lavieri and Fergus Duniho.
- Motorotor. Play this small variant with a rotating board. Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Gavin King.
- MRC64. Modern Random Chess 64. By Jose Carrillo.
- Multimove FIDE Chess. Each turn utilizes a number of points that get applied to movement. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: David Howe.
- Multiple of 10 Checkmate. Variant where you can only checkmate or be checkmated on move 10, 20, 30, ect.. By Calvin Jack Pomerantz.
- Musketeer Chess. A game that adds extra pieces to Chess, playable online with Game Courier. Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Zied Haddad.
- Mystery Chess. An imperfect information variant you can play online with Game Courier. Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Ross Gillies.
- Mythical Fantasy Conquest. Play this large variant with new fantasy pieces! Author: Lim Ther Peng and Tony Quintanilla. Inventor: Lim Ther Peng.
Total items listed: 62