Query Results for
SELECT * FROM `Item` LEFT JOIN `IndexEntry` USING (ItemID) WHERE `Type` = 'Game' AND FIND_IN_SET(:'2d',`Categories`) AND FIND_IN_SET(:'Usual-Setups',`Categories`) AND FIND_IN_SET(:'Usual-Modest',`Categories`) AND `IsHidden` = 0 AND `Item`.`IsDeleted` = 0 AND `Language` = 'English' ORDER BY `LinkText`, `Item`.`Summary` ASC LIMIT 500 OFFSET 0
- Almost chess. One queen has combined rook and knight moves. (8x8, Cells: 64) Author: Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: Ralph Betza.
- Arrangement Chess. The players take turns to relocate the king and the queen, thus enhancing opening ramification (with zrf). By M Winther.
- Castling in Chess 960. New castling rules for Fischer Random Chess. (8x8, Cells: 64) By John Kipling Lewis.
- Configuration Chess. Some pieces are rearranged before play begins, thus enhancing opening ramification (with zrf). By M Winther.
- Crown Prince Chess. One Knight on each side is replaced by a Crown Prince. (8x8, Cells: 64) Inventor: Matthew Chrzaszcz and Derek Mota.
- Deployment. The initial setup of the pieces is open but hidden from the other player. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Ronald Drinning.
- Douglas Modern chess. A chess variant with a more interesting start position, leading to more action. By Ian Douglas.
- Flexible Chinese Chess (F-Xiangqi). Xiangqi variant where the horses are initially external (with zrf). By M Winther.
- Kings. A modest variant with more than one king. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Abdul-Rahman Sibahi.
- Legler's Chess. Modest 1926 variant using an Archbishop and a Chancellor. (8x8, Cells: 64) Author: John Ayer. Inventor: Hugo Legler.
- Madness of Kings Chess. The Kings are, simply put, insane!! (8x8, Cells: 64) By Abdul-Rahman Sibahi.
- Multiple of 10 Checkmate. Missing description (8x8, Cells: 64) By Calvin Jack Pomerantz.
- Near Chess. This is a variant of Skirmish Chess designed to be friendlier to newbies. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Rich Hutnik.
- Neoteric Chess. Pieces are swapped before play begins. An external piece is introduced (with zrf). By M Winther.
- Peasant Revolt. Modest variant with unequal setup. (8x8, Cells: 64) Author: George Whelan. Inventor: R. L. Frey.
- Pink Chess. White has two Kings, black two Queens as royal pieces. By H. G. Muller.
- Placement Chess. King and queen are swapped with another piece, except rook, and creating a new mirrored position (with zrf). By M Winther.
- Relocation Chess. A remarkably easy method of rearranging the standard array of pieces (with zrf). By M Winther.
- Royal Magician's Chess. Missing description (8x8, Cells: 64) By Gary K. Gifford.
- Simplified Chess. Missing description (8x7, Cells: 56) By John Kipling Lewis.
- Skirmish Chess. Tony Paletta Modest proposal as separate link for discussion. (8x8, Cells: 64) Author: Rich Hutnik. Inventor: Tony Paletta.
- Undecided Chess. Undecided Pawns can change into pieces by moving like them. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Adrian Alvarez de la Campa.