Query Results for
SELECT * FROM `Item` LEFT JOIN `IndexEntry` USING (ItemID) WHERE `Type` = 'Game' AND FIND_IN_SET(:'2d',`Categories`) AND FIND_IN_SET(:'Wargame',`Categories`) AND `IsHidden` = 0 AND `Item`.`IsDeleted` = 0 AND `Language` = 'English' ORDER BY `LinkText`, `Item`.`Summary` ASC LIMIT 500 OFFSET 0
- Armis. 100 square board with 15 piece types. By Armis Game.
- Axis and Allies Chess. Diceless variant of Axis and Allies. By David A. Harrell.
- Chess-Battle. War variant from the Soviet-Union, 1933. (12x12, Cells: 128) Author: Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: A. S. Yurgelevich.
- Chessmen-At-Arms. A wargame with chess pieces. Author: Hans L. Bodlaender.
- ChessWar. Strategic game played with chess pieces. By Kalle Marjola.
- Chieftain Chess. Missing description (16x12, Cells: 192) By Joe Joyce.
- Cold War Chess. A long and very challanging game against all odds. By Kutasi Márton.
- Combat Chess II. A wargame-like chess variant. (8x8, Cells: 64) By John Garwood.
- Combined Arms Brigade Chess. New movement for traditional Chess pieces with a modern military theme. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Saleh Waziruddin.
- Command and Maneuver: A Tale of Two Countries. This is a diceless wargame,. (24x12, Cells: 288) By Joe Joyce.
- Dragon. Missing description (9x15, Cells: 135) By Glenn Nicholls.
- Execute the Game. Pieces have unique abilities and uses dice-based combat. By Davey W Drehs.
- Gridlock. Large, wargame inspired variant. (10x10, Cells: 100) By Paul Leno.
- Hero's Chess. A chess with very different pieces. (8x8, Cells: 64) By (zzo38) A. Black.
- Hit-point Chess. Pieces start with 30 hit points and attack by stepping next to the target. (8x8, Cells: 64) By (zzo38) A. Black.
- Kriegspiel. With help of a referee, two players move without knowing the moves of the opponent. (3x(8x8), Cells: 192) (Recognized!) Author: Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: Henry Michael Temple.
- Little Great Chess. Chess on an 8 by 8 board with lots of new pieces, and rules like prisoner exchanges, throne ascensions, reinforcements. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Terry H. Jones.
- MANEVAR a.k.a. Maneuver. Game with infantry, cavalry, and archers and multiple moves per turn. (13x12, Cells: 156) By Bishop Drax.
- Mansindam. A variant that combines 'drop' rule and strong pieces, and there is no draw. (9x9, Cells: 81) By Daphne Snowmoon.
- The Marine Game. Small wargame, simulating a sea battle. Author: Eugen Laukamp.
- Medieval War Chess. This game has quite a few differences from regular chess, but it does use the standard board and pieces, making it easy to play. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Anthony Peterson.
- Military Chess. 19th century commercial chess variant. (8x8, Cells: 64) Author: Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: E. Joseph Cossman.
- Mouse and Elephant . Large variant of the Jungle game. Inventor: Ulrich Roth.
- Never-Ending Infinite Sandbox Chess Game. Online forum-based chess game with 12 players, infinite board, and many pieces. By Theresa Dubé.
- Novo Chess. War game chess variant from the Netherlands, 1937. (12x8, Cells: 96) Author: Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: L. J. Weijden.
- Operational Chess 2. Large, wargame inspired variant with ranged pieces. (17x11, Cells: 187) By Andy Thomas.
- Pandemonium. Capablanca chess + Crazyhouse. By Daphne Snowmoon.
- Pawn Shooter Chess. Defeat your opponent by shooting pawns at them! (8x8, Cells: 64) By (zzo38) A. Black.
- Penta War. Huge game with five clans. (17x17, Cells: 319) By Joost Aan de Brugh.
- Petteia XXI. A 21st century variant on an ancient Draughts-like game of the Roman empire. (8x8, Cells: 64) By Jose Carrillo.
- Regimental Chess . Commercial variant. Groups of pieces can form battalions and regiments and move at the same time. (36x16, Cells: 576)
- RPGchess . Combines chess with Role Playing Game rules. By Patrick Mulcahy.
- Seachess. Chess with a marine war theme. (Cells: 128)
- Shuuro. Large variant where you build your own army. (12x12, Cells: 144) Author: Alberto Giusti. Inventor: Alessio Cavatore.
- Straights. Chess-like Naval Battle game from the end of the 19th Century. (9x11, Cells: 81) Author: John Reece. Inventor: Anne Marriot Watson.
- Tactical chess. Missing description (8x8, Cells: 64) Author: Daniil Frolov. Inventor: Viktor Sopilko.
- TeraGames: Chess Warriors . Customizable strategy war game played on a checkerboard. By William Robinson.
- Tezhi Luzhanqi - Chinese army chess. Chinese strategic game. (5x13, Cells: 63) Author: Hans L. Bodlaender.
- Unconventional Warfare Chess. Variant based on modern warfare. (10x10, Cells: 84) By Luiz Carlos Campos.
- The Warlord Games. Structured multi-move abstract strategy games of battle. By Joe Joyce.
- World War Chess . Commercial variant with pieces more suited to a war game.