Item Index Information
Ancient Chess is a website. It is categorized as: Two dimensional, From ancient times. This item is located on a site outside of chessvariants.org.
Ancient Chess. Site dedicated to the history and evolution of Chess!
Author: Rick Knowlton.
Well produced educational site that promotes historical and regional chess games, from around the world, and throughout history.
From the author:
Read about chess history, chess evolution and fascinating chess variants from around the world. Learn to play Thai chess (makruk), Chinese chess (xiangqi), Japanese chess (shogi), Korean chess (janggi). Look at the medieval chess (shatranj) that spread throughout the world, and look at a beautiful reproduction of the 9th century set found in Nishapur, Persia (now Iran). Browse through our store, where quality sets for these many forms of chess are easily available.
- Browse items that also start with the letter A.
- Browse items that also start with the letters An.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Anc.
- Browse similar items.
- Browse items with a similar board.
- Add a comment or rate this item.
- Skip to comments section.