The Rules: Piece Demotion Tag
Under some circumstances, pieces have to demote.
- Annan Shogi. Shogi variant where pieces move like a friendly piece directly behind it. (9x9, Cells: 81)
- Backlash. Play on two boards, but capturing on one board leads to a backlash on the other! (2x(8x8), Cells: 132)
- Hajiku Shogi. Inspired by Shogi and Chu Shogi. Pieces can both promote and demote in promotion zone.
- Kamikaze Mortal Shogi. Send your Kamikazes on suicide missions in this Shogi variant. (9x9, Cells: 81)
- Mansindam (Pantheon tale). A variant that combines 'drop' rule and strong pieces, and there is no draw. (9x9, Cells: 81)
- Metamorph Chess. Variant in which pieces transform by fixed rules into other pieces. (8x8, Cells: 64)
- Metamorphin' Assimilation Chess. A hybrid of Metamorph Chess and Assimilation Chess.
- Metamorphin' Fusion Chess. A hybrid of Metamorph Chess and Fusion Chess.
- Mini Thunder Chess. A small-scale hybrid of Metamorph Chess, Fusion Chess, and Assimilation Chess. (6x7, Cells: 42)
- Mortal Chessgi. A Chessgi game in which captures reduce material. (8x8, Cells: 64)
- Mortal Shogi. A Shogi variant in which pieces aren't all immortal. (9x9, Cells: 81)
- Pocket Shogi Copper. A Variant of Shogi with Copper General and Pocket.
- Pocket Shogi Plus. Shogi Like game with a pocket to store and move pieces.
- Pretentious Chess. All Pieces can move as and demote to a Knight. (8x8, Cells: 64)
- Shogi. Missing description (9x9, Cells: 81) (Recognized!)
- Shogi with Impassable Kings. A modest fix to Shogi that makes impasses impossible.
- Thunder Chess. A hybrid of Metamorph Chess, Fusion Chess, and Assimilation Chess. (64x(8x8))
- Rules - Parent tag for noting specific rule deviations from Chess