The Rules: Fusion Tag
As in Fusion Chess, these games allow simple pieces to combine into compound pieces, usually by one piece moving to another's space.
- Assimilation Fusion Chess. A hybrid of Assimilation Chess and Fusion Chess. Pieces combine and split apart. (8x8, Cells: 64)
- Bedlam. A hybrid of Metamorphin' Fusion Chess and Chessgi. (8x8, Cells: 64)
- Fusion Chess. Variant in which pieces may merge together or split apart. (8x8, Cells: 64)
- Fusion Chessgi. A hybrid of Fusion Chess and Chessgi.
- Fusion Diamond 41. A Fusion Chess variant played on a diamond shaped board of 41 squares. (Cells: 41)
- Metamorphin' Fusion Chess. A hybrid of Metamorph Chess and Fusion Chess.
- Mini Thunder Chess. A small-scale hybrid of Metamorph Chess, Fusion Chess, and Assimilation Chess. (6x7, Cells: 42)
- Scheherazade. Pieces may combine with other pieces to form combination pieces. (10x10, Cells: 100)
- Thunder Chess. A hybrid of Metamorph Chess, Fusion Chess, and Assimilation Chess. (64x(8x8))
- Rules - Parent tag for noting specific rule deviations from Chess