The Rules: Castling: None Tag
In these games, the King cannot castle with the Rook or any other piece.
- 3D Great Shatranj. A simple approach to 3D chess. (6x(6x6), Cells: 216)
- 4 Kings Quasi-Shatranj. Each side has 4 Kings, all pieces are short range. (10x10, Cells: 100)
- 4*Chess (four dimensional chess). Four dimensional chess using sixteen 4x4 boards & 96 pieces. (4x(4x(4x4)), Cells: 256)
- 4*Chess (four dimensional chess). Four dimesional chess played with 96 pieces.
- 4D Hexagonal Chess. 4D analogue of Glinski's Hexagonal Chess based on Hyperchess4. (5x(5x(5x5)), Cells: 361)
- Carrousel Chess. Game with 32 pieces. (16x4, Cells: 64)
- Carrousel Chess. Circular chess using reflecting bishops & sqirrels, not Bs & Ns.
- Cetran Chess 2. Missing description (8x8, Cells: 64)
- Chess 1010. Game played with 40 pieces. (10x10, Cells: 100)
- Chess 1010. Game with 40 pieces.
- Circular Capa Chess. Play circular chess with added archbishops and chancellors on a 5x16 round board.
- Complete Chess. with a riding and a leaping piece family.
- Full house hexagonal chess. Game with 50 pieces. (11x11, Cells: 91)
- Full house hexagonal chess. Hexagonal game with 50 pieces.
- Grand Chess. Christian Freeling's popular large chess variant on 10 by 10 board. Rules and links. (10x10, Cells: 100) (Recognized!)
- Grand Shatranj. Grand Shatranj. (10x10, Cells: 100)
- Grande Acedrex. A large variant from 13th century Europe. (12x12, Cells: 144)
- Granlem Shatranj. This is a mash-up of Grand Shatranj & Lemurian Shatranj with a 3 moves/player turn option.
- Great Shatranj. Great Shatranj. (10x8, Cells: 80)
- Heavy Gravity Chess. Chess with heavy gravity, Knights can't jump, Queens, Bishops, and Rooks are limited to 4 spaces per move, Kings move 1 diagonal. (8x8, Cells: 64)
- Hexagonal Raumschach. Three dimensional analogue of Glinski's Hexagonal Chess, based on Raumschach. (5x(7x7), Cells: 185)
- Los Alamos variant. Chess on a 6 by 6 board from the early days of computing. (6x6, Cells: 36) (Recognized!)
- Near Chess. This is a variant of Skirmish Chess designed to be friendlier to newbies. (8x8, Cells: 64)
- Opulent Lemurian Shatranj. Joe Joyce's Shaman and Hero pieces are now on a larger board. (10x10, Cells: 100)
- Shatranji. A hybrid of Shatranj and Chessgi. (8x8, Cells: 64)
- Simplified Chess. Missing description (8x7, Cells: 56)
- Simplified chess. Simple subset of the chess rules. (8x8, Cells: 64)
- Viking Chess. Armies start side-by-side on a 12 x 7 board. (12x7, Cells: 84)
- Rules - Parent tag for noting specific rule deviations from Chess
- Rules: Castling - Parent tag for noting specific deviations from the castling rule in Chess.