The Piece: Centaur Tag
These games include a piece commonly known as a Centaur. This name comes from its ability to leap as a Knight (also known as, and usually represented as, a Horse) and a Man (which moves as a King but is not royal).
- 5*4DChess (four dimensional chess). Four dimensional chess variant played with 140 pieces. (5x(5x(5x5)), Cells: 625)
- A9 HexaChess (Imperial Grand HexaChess). Large variant of Grand Hexachess. (Cells: 169)
- Assimilation Chess. Increase your material by assimilating your opponent's pieces. (8x8, Cells: 64)
- Assimilation Fusion Chess. A hybrid of Assimilation Chess and Fusion Chess. Pieces combine and split apart. (8x8, Cells: 64)
- AvantGarde Chess . A font-named variant that adds a Centaur and a Man to the standard setup.
- Bedlam. A hybrid of Metamorphin' Fusion Chess and Chessgi. (8x8, Cells: 64)
- Cataclysm. Large board game with short-range pieces designed to be dramatic without being overly complicated or dragging on too long. (12x16, Cells: 192)
- Centaur. Moves as Knight or Man. Also known as Centaur.
- Courier-Spiel. 19th century variant of Courier Chess. (12x8, Cells: 96)
- Fusion Chess. Variant in which pieces may merge together or split apart. (8x8, Cells: 64)
- Fusion Chessgi. A hybrid of Fusion Chess and Chessgi.
- Fusion Diamond 41. A Fusion Chess variant played on a diamond shaped board of 41 squares. (Cells: 41)
- Mansindam (Pantheon tale). A variant that combines 'drop' rule and strong pieces, and there is no draw. (9x9, Cells: 81)
- Metamorph Chess. Variant in which pieces transform by fixed rules into other pieces. (8x8, Cells: 64)
- Metamorphin' Assimilation Chess. A hybrid of Metamorph Chess and Assimilation Chess.
- Metamorphin' Fusion Chess. A hybrid of Metamorph Chess and Fusion Chess.
- Mini Thunder Chess. A small-scale hybrid of Metamorph Chess, Fusion Chess, and Assimilation Chess. (6x7, Cells: 42)
- Open King 4*4DChess. Four dimensional game with 48 pieces. (4x(4x(4x4)), Cells: 256)
- Open King 5*4DChess. Four dimensional game with 74 pieces. (5x(5x(5x5)), Cells: 625)
- Royal Court. On 8 by 10 board with crowned knights: can move like king or knight. (10x8, Cells: 80)
- Sac Chess. Game with 60 pieces. (10x10, Cells: 100)
- Super4*Chess (four dimensional chess). Four dimensional chess variant played with 96 pieces. (4x(4x(4x4)), Cells: 256)
- Teramachy. A chess variant between Metamachy and Terachess.
- Thunder Chess. A hybrid of Metamorph Chess, Fusion Chess, and Assimilation Chess. (64x(8x8))
- UC-170-13. Universal Chess version featuring 170 different kind of major pieces and 13 different kind of pawns. (8x8, Cells: 64)
- Universal Chess. Missing description (8x8, Cells: 64)
- Very Heavy Chess. A lot of firepower with all compounds of classical chess pieces.
- Piece - Parent tag for noting a specific type of piece in a game