10x8 VariantsThis webpage has a compilation of some known 10x8 variants, listed by year of invention.
- 1617 - Carrera's Chess by D. Pietro Carrera, from Sicily, Italy
- 1874 - Bird's Chess by Henry Bird, from London, U.K.
- 1920s - Capablanca Chess by Jose Raul Capablanca, from Cuba
- 1970 - Double King Chess by David Moeser, from Cincinnatti, USA
- 1978 - Janus Chess by Werner Schondorf, from Bildstock, Germany
- 1996 - Falcon Chess by George William Duke, from U.S.A.
- 1998 - New Chancellor's Chess by David Paulowich, P.E.I., Canada
- 1999 - Modern Carrera Chess by Fergus Duniho, from U.S.A.
- 2004 - Capablanca Random Chess by Reinhard Scharnagl, from Germany
- 2004 - Grotesque Chess by Fergus Duniho, from U.S.A.
- 2004 - Archbishop Chess by Dominique Leste
- 2006 - Univers Chess by Fergus Duniho, from U.S.A.
- 2006 - Mastodon Chess by Mats Winther, from Sweeden
- 2008 - Modern Capablanca Random Chess by Jose Carrillo, from Puerto Rico
- 2009 - Mini Courrier Chess Moderno by Jose Carrillo, from Puerto Rico
- 2009 - Silver Elephant Chess by Jose Carrillo, from Puerto Rico
- 2009 - Ajax Falcon Chess by Jose Carrillo, from Puerto Rico
- 2017 - Frog Chess by Kevin Pacey, from Canada
- 2017 - Hannibal Chess by Kevin Pacey, from Canada
This 'user submitted' page is a collaboration between the posting user and the Chess Variant Pages. Registered contributors to the Chess Variant Pages have the ability to post their own works, subject to review and editing by the Chess Variant Pages Editorial Staff.
By Jose Carrillo.
Web page created: 2008-05-18. Web page last updated: 2009-06-18