Chess Variant Programs
- Alterway. Description of program
with chess related puzzles.
- Amazons. Shareware program
playing Amazons. By Michael Keller.
- Ambush. Shareware program based on
medieval Rithmomachia game. (Link.)
- GNU Capablanca's chess: Zip-file.
A modification of GNU chess that plays Capablanca's
chess (10 by 8 board). Description
of the program.
- Chess 121. Large chess variant
with Demo Dos-program.
- Chess 2000. Link to site
where you can download a freeware program that plays the chess variant
Chess 2000, and some other programs.
- Chessbrain Software. The Chess
Intelligence series: five programs giving puzzles based on chess. (Link.)
- Chess Mazes. Description of chess
puzzle program, with links to evalutions copies.
- Chess Miner. Description of
chess puzzle program, where you must place mines on the routes of chess pieces.
- Chesshousers: Review.
Review of a commercial computer game program.
- Chess Variant Construction Kit.
Windows utility that allows people to play chess variants via email. By Jim Wickson.
- Color Chess. Chess variant on
board with 39 squares with five different colors. Game with (beta)
freeware computer program playing it. By Maarten Bodlaender.
- Crazy Chess. Shareware program
playing Giveaway or Losing Chess. Description by programs author Aleksey
- Dabbaba: a program playing chess and several chess variants. Program
of Jens Baek Nielsen. Freeware.
- Dlyouk Janggi: dlyouk-janggi.html Program that
plays this Korean Chess
- Detective Chess. Puzzle game, based on chess.
- Doubles Chess. Link to site
where you can download a program to play Doubles Chess on a computer.
- Gary Gygax page on
Dragonchess. With a downloadable program. (Link.)
- Hexichess. 3D hexagonal Chess.
- Hexodus. Link to a site where you can download a
freeware program called Hexodus that plays hex chess.
- Insane. Pieces change to random
type when they move.
- Janggidosa -- Korean Chess Playing Program: link2.dir/janggidosa.html.
- Joust. Knight jump and take away the squares the other player can jump
- Laser Chess - a program for playing this chess variant.
- Last Move. Description of
program with chess related puzzles.
- N3D-CH (3D-Chess playing
program). Freeware program playing Raumschach (3d chess). (Link.)
- NARF! (Link)
A Windows application that allows you to define and play your own board games.
Shareware by Gabriel Mendosa.
Blitz Program for Windows 95/98/NT what can play Bughouse chess variant
using Internet connection. By Sebastien Lachance and Yannick Letourneau.
- NERO and other variants. A freeware chess program with a small
variant on a 5 by 5 board, and Diana,
and Los Alamos chess. Made by Jari
Huikari. You can download these variants:
- New Chess. Demo program to play several
variants on the web. (Link.)
- N-Knights. Try to put as many or few
knights on a chess board. Freeware program. (Link.)
- N-Queens. Try to put as many or few
queens on a chess board. Freeware program. (Link.)
- Play Chess Variants by email!. Fergus Duniho has written a simple but extremely flexible system for playing just about any chess variant via email!
- Reflector Chess - a program playing this chess variant.
- Rival Chess.
Chris Moreton's chess program that plays Kinglet,
Give-away chess, and Shatranj.
- Shakti. Program playing Shakti chess
variant on a Macintosh. (Link.)
Shareware shogi program. (Link.) Recommended by Steve Evans.
- Shocky. Info on Shogi program,
also playing Micro-Shogi, Mini-Shogi, Judkin's Shogi, Tori Shogi, and Chess.
- Shogi software,
by Roger Hare. (Link.)
- Shogi Variant Program. Home page
of a freeware program, that allows humans to play shogi and 14 variants
of shogi, and has a computer opponent playing several of the variants,
up to Wa Shogi on an 11 by 11 board. (Link.)
Software. Phil Holland's page with links to Shogi software, including
his program Shogi Variants 4.1.
Shogi. Shogi program (for Unix?) (Link, seems to be down.)
- Sir Bombalot. Shareware program
playing Bombalot. (Link.)
- ShatraDev. A Windows program
(95/98/NT) that plays
Shatra. Program written by Francis
- Small Chess
Several small chess variants programs by Jari Huikari, including Diana, Los
Alamos Chess and Half Chess (link).
- Solo Chess.
- Speedchess: Small variant playable online (Link.)
- Xiangqi - Chinese Chess programs.
on webpages. By Hans Bodlaender.
- Zillions-of-Games. Homepage
of program playing hundreds of games, including many chess variants and user
definable games. (Link.)
- Zillions-of-Games Chess Variants. Page
on the Chess Variant Pages with a review of Zillions-of-Games and downloadable ZRF-files.
Chess fonts and Chess DTP
- Endgame analysis. A computer analysis
of endgames with fantasy chess pieces. By Dave McCooey.
- Luminous Chess.
Mac computer program that can be used for playing chess or Grand Chess
by two people. (Link.)
- The Chess Variant Pages Offline Download
many of the files at the same time, and read them without being connected
to the Internet. Alpha release.
- Knightstour program. Program
that solves the famous knights tour puzzle. (Link.)
- Pegasus Chess.
Add-on for Pegasus email program for playing chess. (Link.)
WWW page created: 1996.
Last modified: Sunday, April 1, 2012