You are on the backup site for Chessvariants.com. Any posts, moves, or other changes you make here will not be permanent, because the pages and database from the main site will be backed up here every midnight EST. Additionally, things may not be working right, because this site is also a testbed for newer system software. So, if you are not here to test, develop, or merely read this site, you may want to change .org to .com in the navigation bar and go to the main site.
FIDE - Clobberers (3)
1. d4 g6 2. e4 b6
(j'adoube 2...(NB)d8-c6?? 3. d5!! )
(Note: 3..(NB)c6-a4!? 4. Bc4 (BD)h8:b2
5. Bb3 (BD)b2:c1+ 6. Q:c1 unclear
5. Bb3 (NB)a4:b3!? also interesting. )
(Note: 3. Nf3 sacking pawn for lots of development is interesting)
Postgame editorializing: I didn't see 3..(NB)c6-a4! and that was my
biggest mistake. This sort of piece-play is hard to get used to, but
you can't really handle the Clobberers unless you make it a part of
3. Nc3 c5 4. d5 e5 5. Bd3 (WA)b8-d6 6. Nf3 (FAD)f8-f6 7. h4 (WA)d6-f4
8. g3 (WA)f4:f3 9. Q:f3 h6 10. h5 g5 11. a4 a6 12. Nd1 (WA)g8-g7
13. Ne3 (WA)g7-h7 14. Ra3 d6 15. Rb3 (BD)a8-b7 16. Bf1 (FAD)c8-d7
17. Bh3 b5 18. B:d7+ (BD)b7:d7 19. ab ab 20. Ra3 O-O
21. 0-0 (FAD)f6-d4 22. c3 (FAD)d4-b6 23. Kg2 (NB)d8-b7
(j'adoube 23. Bd2 (BD)d7-h3 24. Qe2 (NB)d8-f6)
(j'adoube f5 25. ef (WA)h7:f5 26. Qg4 (BD)d7-f7 27. N:f5 (NB)b7:d5+
28. f3 (NB)d5-f6 29. Ra8 (BD)f7:h5 30. N:h6+
(Note: 30. Q:h5!? (NB)f6:h5 31. Rh1 (NB)h5-f6
32. R:h6 (NB)f6-d5 unclear;
32. N:h6+ probably +-)
24 ... (NB)b7-c8 25. g4 (BD)d7-b7 26. Nc2 (BD)f8-d8
27. Be3 (FAD)b6-c7 28. b4 c4 29. Rfa1 (BD)d8-b8 30. f3 (WA)h7-h8
31. Ra8 (WA)h8-f6
32 Ba7 (FAD)c7:a7 33 R1a7 (NB)c8:a7 34 R:a7 (BD)b8:a7+
32 Qf2 (WA)f6-h4? 33 Qd2!
(NB)c8-d7 33 R1a7 (FAD)c7:a7 34 B:a7? (FAD)b7:a8
35 B:b8 (NB):b8 36 Qb6 (NB)-d7 safety
32 Ba7 (BD)b8-d8
32 R1a7 (FAD)c7:a7 33 B:a7? (FAD)b7:a8
32. Qf2 (NB)c8-d7 33. Qg1 Kf8
(Note: 33. Bb6!? (FAD)c7:b6
34. Ra8:b8+? (FAD)b6:b8
34. Qf2:b6 (NB)d7:b6 (not check) 35. R:b8+ Kg7?
( (NB)b6-c8!? probably okay ) 36 R:b7 wins
Hard to visualize.
(j'adoube 34. R1a7 (FAD)c7:a7 35. R:a7 (BD)b8:a7 36. B:a7 (NB)d7-c8
(j'adoube (WA)f6-d8 37. Ne3 (WA)d8-f6) )
34... Ke7 35. Qc1 Kf8 36. Qa1 Ke7 37. Bf2 Kf8
38. Ne3 Ke7 39. Nf1 Kf8 40. Ng3 Ke7 41. Be3 Kf8
42. R1a7 if (FAD)c7:a7 43. Q:a7
} - My intuition tells me that soon I will be a piece ahead.
} Funny - mine tells me the same thing :-)
} I can't believe I haven't seen this before - I was too focused on
} other plans.
I can't believe I haven't seen this before. j'adoube!
(But am I in Zugszwang????)